Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Salad Layonnaise in Parmesan Cups

I love Salad Layonnaise. The only problem is that I can't make the real deal at home because I can't find frissee anywhere in Chicago. I just find it in parts in those mixed bags that you buy at the store. So, that's what I roll with. When I read Becomming a Chef by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page when I lived in NYC, I found this recipe for parmesan cups. They are very easy to make and provide some dramatic presentation to help spice up this classic french recipe. Give it a shot.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a cookie sheet and spray it with non stick spray. sprinkle a thin layer of parmesan on the cookie sheet in about a 6 inch square. Make sure it is even. Pop it in the oven. Take it out when cheese is melted an lightly browned. About 2 minutes. Take measuring cup and flip upside down. Take the cookie sheet and flip it upside down on the measuring cup. Take spatula and make sure all cheese is removed from sheet and is evenly coating the cup. Lightly press the cheese to give it stronger form. Quickly put the measuring cup in the freezer and flash it for about 2 minutes. Take out. Use within next two hours.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: