Wednesday, February 20, 2008

La Madia


I had heard great things about La Madia from friends that have gone since its October opening. After a late night at the office, a couple co-workers and I decided to go grab a bite. After all, it's only 4 blocks from the office at 59. W. Grand.

The exterior looks a lot like Blackbird from the outside. It has a pretty expansive dinning room with a contemporary minimalist interior. A perfect place for a first date or bite with friends because it’s trendy but won’t break the bank.

As an upscale pizzeria, their pizzas certainly deliver. I HIGHLY recommend their pepperoni (3 kinds) pizza with truffle oil. I almost licked the plate. Their classic Parma was a little lacking. For those that order it in the future, I would ask for a couple of lemons to squeeze on the arugula. At least on ours it needed a touch of citrus. Pizzas run from 9-15 dollars and wines average about 9 a glass. 1 pizza for 2 people is plenty.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: