Friday, June 6, 2008

Holy Napa Valley


I swear, I'm a genius.

To think that just one month ago I pondered whether or not to risk it all and take a leap of faith to pursue the wine and food world. Although the going away parties were teary, this is the best idea I have ever had in my life.

I've been a resident in Napa for 3 days after living in the midwest and east coast for some time. Turns out, I just happened to land on the eve of the valley's biggest event of the year; the famous Wine Auction. This place is abuzz, packed with traffic to boot. I don't care. Put me in traffic. I have a sunburn, a new tennis racket and I have reconnected with so many folks from growing up that it's silly.

Welcome home. Or that's what I tell myself. Between the wine auction parties and the glasses of Cab that I share with my stepfather that he crafts just a mile from our house on Howell Mountain, I'm in heaven.

Tomorrow I am off to the city with a fishing license in my pocket. My sister is taking me to an annual party on Muir Beach where we will catch our own fish and cook them right on the beach with other foodies. Be sure to look for that post.

I'll be working at Duckhorn Vineyards this summer. Duckhorn is a valley legend and I am so excited to be a part of the team. More to come on that, too.

Great to be home, Napa. Hope you are ready.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: