Thursday, October 8, 2009

RIP Gourmet Magazine

I think a little piece of every foodie died this week upon hearing the news of Conde Nast's decision to shut down the 70 year old publication, Gourmet, led by the great Ruth Reichl. A decline in ad sales coupled with a portfolio overhaul by the publication giant are deemed the culprit. If this isn't a sign of the tough times we are in then I don't know what is.

I have posted many recipes from Gourmet on this blog and I encourage you to cook them and love them as much as I do. I have especially loved reading the articles in each issue over the years. Gourmet did a fantastic job reporting on food as it related to history, culture and travel better than all of its competitors. A foodie tear, RIP.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hear, hear! A sad day indeed... lovely post!