Blueberry Oat Scones
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 11 tablespoons (1 stick plus 3 tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups chilled half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons raw sugar*
Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and coarse salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter. Using on/off turns, blend until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Add 1 cup oats and blueberries; stir to blend evenly.
Stir half and half and vanilla in small bowl. Gradually add to flour mixture, tossing until dough just comes together (dough will be very moist).
Using 1/2-cup measuring cup for each scone, drop dough in mounds onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tablespoons oats, then raw sugar.
Bake 15 minutes. Reverse sheets and continue baking until scones are golden and tester inserted into center from side comes out clean, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer scones to rack and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.