Monday, March 21, 2011

Breakfast: It's What's For Dinner

Every month we get a shipment of artisan bacon from The Pig Next Door. It's been the wedding gift that keeps on giving and I'd be lying if I said I didn't look forward to it arriving at my door. The weird thing is that Drew and I don't eat a ton of bacon. It's just not something we keep in our fridge because if we did I think we would wouldn't eat anything else. Bacon would go on everything and then, before you know it, we both weigh a trillion pounds and I am writing a diet blog instead.

Tonight, I am using our special monthly splurge to make breakfast for dinner. I've said it once and I'll say it again, breakfast for dinner is bomb. My mom used to do this for us when we were kids and OMG we loved it. I'm going to keep it simple and old school...just some fried eggs, baked beans and sizzling strips of bacon. Adults deserve to feel like kids everyone once and awhile.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Tascherl said...

Hi Elizabeth,
just found your blog when looking for a recipe for Spanakopita. (recipe sounds very good, will cook it tonight). Really nice stories and recipes. Regarding Bacon: I am from Austria (Europe) and here we do "Zwiebelkuchen mit Speck" which is similar to Quiche Lorraine, but includes no cream. You need Bacon for it - even though not masses of it. It goes perfectly with a glass of crisp white wine. Perhaps you try it sometime. br, Natascha