I've been on a big BBQ kick lately. It all started with a trip to Memphis Minnie's, a joint in the lower Haight in San Francisco just before we left for our trip and it was delicious. It's been tough to find good BBQ in the bay area so if you visit or are from here, check it out. This kick continued through out our trip with BBQ stops during our road trip through Nevada and Idaho and we tried a upscale place not too far from Bubba's in Jackson. None of them beats Bubba's in my opinion. It's the same good food and great low prices that I remember from my college visits. Drew had a giant bowl of chili and went for the brisket lunch platter. Here's why I love the place:
- It's a locals spot and if they don't know you they'll call you honey or sugar anyway.
- The service is down-home and friendly.
- Their baked beans are totally legit. Don't miss out on them.
- Each dish is served with a massive, buttery slice of Texas toast.
- If you want greens they have a fully stocked salad bar.
- It's cheap.