Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cheese and Lime
- 4 ears of corn in the husk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, (You can sub sour cream if you want to keep it on the light side)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cotija or feta
- Accompaniment: lime wedges
Soak corn in husks in cold water 10 minutes. Drain corn and grill on a rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until husks are charred, about 10 minutes. Shuck corn and grill until kernels are browned in spots, about 10 minutes.
While corn is grilling, in a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise and cayenne. Using the small teardrop-shaped holes on a four-sided grater grate cotija.
Brush mayonnaise mixture onto hot corn and sprinkle with cojita.
Serve corn on the cob with lime wedges.