Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Basil Vinaigrette

Nothing beats tomatoes in the summer time. Especially heirloom tomatoes.

My office is located south of San Francisco and there is a farmers market every Thursday from 4pm-8pm. This is a huge bonus. Farmers markets in the city are usually done and gone by the time I get back to the city and everyone knows that the Ferry Building on Saturday's is a zoo. Now, I have my very own farmers market in the cute small town where I work that I can shop at once a week. Yes!

Last week, I wet straight for the heirloom tomatoes. Drew is a tomato fanatic so I figured I would buy a bag of them and make a nice salad for dinner. I made this basil vinaigrette and served it with the sliced tomatoes and added burrata cheese and some sliced radishes. It was AMAZING.

Basil Vinaigrette
  1. 1 small garlic clove
  2. 1 cup packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
  3. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  4. 1 1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
  5. Pinch of crushed red pepper
  6. Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

  1. In a food processor, pulse the garlic until chopped. Add the basil and pulse until finely chopped. Add the oil, vinegar and crushed red pepper and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: