Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You buy clothes, I buy tomatoes

If Drew gave me $100 bucks and said 'go have fun', I'd probably end up at the farmers market or some specialty grocery store. It's sad really. As I write this, I notice that I am wearing a pair of jeans that I bought my first year out of college. But how can you possibly resist these gorgeous heirlooms above or anything that's in its prime for that matter? I mean, these looked so pretty that I had to take a picture on my phone and email it to Drew.

Heirloom tomatoes came into their prime very late this year and so far it's been worth the wait. I just wash them and serve them sliced with salt and pepper as a side dish and I've heard no complaints from my guests. Know your seasons and know your fruits and veggies. It's pretty easy to cook when you don't have to do much to something that is already perfect.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: