Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Terra

My sister got married last weekend which explains why I have been so MIA from the blog. Don't worry, I'm back.

One of the most anticipated events of the jam-packed weekend was the rehearsal dinner the groom's parents hosted at Terra. Now, I've never been to Terra but you better believe that I have heard of it. In fact, it's my brother favorite restaurant on the planet and he has their cookbook at home. Terra is a fine dinning spot located in St. Helena which lies in the heart of Napa Valley. It has the third highest rated wine list in the San Francisco area and is booked year-round.

Our first course showcased burrata which is one of my favs. Burrata is a delicate cheese from the mozzarella family that has a unique texture from the cream that exists in the inside. I'm not joking, this stuff melts in your mouth. When you see this on a menu, order it. This is a rare treat but I hope to see it more often now that I am in California full-time.

The remaining courses were excellent but the burrata was the highlight for me. The nicest thing about being back home is that we are not short on fabulous restaurants. Off to Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen today which never disappoints. Look for that post soon!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: