Monday, April 27, 2009

Artichoke Tea Sandwiches

My very best friend is having a baby so I'm off to Boston in a couple weeks to lend a helping hand for 6 days. I've also been put in charge of the majority of the food for the shower which will surely include some of my killer quiches but I'm also thinking that a simple tea sandwich can be just what the doctor ordered. I was just reading last month's edition of Saveur and I read a fabulous article about artichokes. The piece included several recipes including this quick and easy one. I'm sure it will be a hit at the baby shower!

Artichoke Tea Sandwiches

2 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

20 slices white or wheat sandwich bread

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the artichokes, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.

2. Divide mixture evenly between 10 slices sandwich bread, top each with remaining bread slices, and cut off crusts with a serrated-blade knife. Cut each sandwich square diagonally to create 2 triangles.

3. Transfer to a platter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to soften before serving.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: