Sunday, October 21, 2007

Steak Salad

Last night, I made the potato and leek soup that I posted and I wanted to follow that up with something light. I decided to make a steak salad and it really hit the spot. I took a look in my fridge and found that I had some perfect ingredients for a salad so I went with those. For the dressing, I just whipped up a red wine vinegar dressing with stone mustard, olive oil and lemon juice to toss it with.

Shaw's Steak Salad
Mixed greens
1 shallot
1 boneless rib eye steak
soy sauce
Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Asparagus tips
Artichoke hearts
Pancetta, cubed
Gorgonzola cheese

I marinated the steak in soy sauce for about an hour. Then I patted it dry and coated it with a layer of fresh ground pepper. I fried up some cubed pancetta and set aside. Quickly blanch the asparagus spears and put in the fridge. In a large bowl, add art hearts, minced shallot, cherry tomatoes and asparagus tips. Add greens and toss with vinaigrette. Using the same pan with pancetta grease, pan fry steak about 4 minutes a side. Plate salad from bowl and top with sliced steak, pancetta bits and Gorgonzola cheese.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: