Saturday, January 5, 2008

Szechuan Green Beans

Ever since I got back from vacation, I have been working pretty hard and laying low. Tonight, I am going to whip up my Cashew Chicken recipe for a friend and watch a movie. To accompany the entree, I quickly googled to find a Szechuan Green Bean recipe. I found this recipe on http://www.recipezar.com/ and it looks full-proof. The only thing I would add to this are some seasame seeds. I like to sprinkle them on top before serving.

Szechuan Green Beans
1 lb green beans
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger

Rinse and drain green beans;trim off and discard stem ends.

Cut green beans into 2- to 3-inch lengths.

In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili flakes, and white pepper.

Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat.

When pan is hot, add green beans and 1/4 cup water.

Cover and cook, stirring once, until beans are bright green and slightly crunchy to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.

Uncover and cook until any remaining water has evaporated.

Add oil, garlic, and ginger to pan stir until green beans and garlic are slightly browned, 1to 2 minutes.

Stir soy mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce thickens and coats the beans, 2 to 3 minutes.

Pour into serving dish.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: