Monday, February 18, 2008

Tapas Night - Part 2

My boyfriend loooooves mussels so I wanted to make sure we recreated this dish on tapas night. I have wanted to cook mussels in a curry sauce so we decided to add curry powder to the homemade marinara that we made (see previous post for recipe). Got rave reviews and very easy and quick to make.

For the chorizo, I actually went to Cafe Iberico's market and bought it. I would check specialty markets or ask your butcher where you can get your hands on some. It is so good and has a perfect amount of kick. Just sauté them on the stove top for about 8 minutes.

Steamed Mussels in Curry Marinara Sauce
1 pound of mussels
1 teaspoon of curry
1/2 fish stock (I used chicken cause that's all I had and it worked fine)

Add marinara to dutch oven over medium high heat. Stir in curry and stock. Add mussels. Genteelly stir and cook until mussels open up, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately with fresh parsley.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: