Monday, August 18, 2008

The Chameleon: Boboli Crust

Boboli pizza crust is nothing special. You can find it anywhere. Actually, the brand even makes its own pasta sauces and more generic offerings these days and are available in just about every grocery store. But these crusts can really take a new meaning if you don't actually use them for making pizza.

First off, props to my Aunt Kristi who has been using this bread as everything BUT pizza crust since I can remember. Now, I see crusts like these served alongside some roasted garlic and blue cheese ( a Tra Vigne classic), next to pasta with some olive oil or other innovative ways. In fact, I used it as an 'English Muffin' for my Eggs Benedict with pesto hollandaise (had to throw the pesto in there because it was so dang good) the other day. Best part was I grilled it instead of baked it so it took a whole new dimension and gave it some presentation flare, too. So stock up on this stuff cause you never know when it will come handy.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: