Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Farmer's Markets- More than just fruits and veggies


Summer is slowly coming to an end and that means you need to take full advantage of your local farmer's market before it disappears. I managed to go to three farmer's markets in three states: CA, MI and IL. Suprisingly, I left each of these with things I was not expecting to find.
In Michigan, I walked away with scented oils and handmade lotions by a housewife from the town of Midland. You could tell this was her passion. She designed all the packaging, created all combinatons of scents and was very nice and knowledgeable.
In Napa, I bought some of the best Naan I have ever had. Naan in Napa?
Lastly, in Chicago there is a big ol' spice wagon. They sell spices in individual packets (every kind imaginable) but they also have thier own rubs and seasoning combinations that are fabulous, too.
So, save room in your bag for the random things you may not be expecting to find. To find a farmer's market near you, click on this link and choose your state: http://www.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/map.htm

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: