Monday, August 20, 2007

Still talking about sliders

Last night, I made the slider's recipe that I posted last week from The Little Owl. The meat didn't taste as good as I thought it would and I am wondering if it is because of the actual meat that I purchased (pre-packaged from a large grocery store instead of from my butcher). Both Drew and I thought it tasted funky. BUT, what didn't taste funky were my two additions, pancetta crisps and caramelized red onions!

Instead of the arugula, I made pancetta crisps (10 minutes at 450 degrees on a cookie sheet) and caramelized onions (saute red onions in butter on low, low heat for an hour). This turned out to be a delicious idea.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Simone said...

I have been to Little Owl & had these sliders. They are amazing. I don't even eat sliders (dietary reasons - not becuase they aren't admittedly unbelievable).

Try again Shaw, these suckers are f'n naughty when done right