Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Loyal Sandwich Lover

I love sandwiches. I mean looooove sandwiches. Last night, I discovered a gem. A sandwich that is down-right cravable and a new fixture on my regular menu items.

I've really made my rounds this week to my restaurant staples and Shaw's Crab House is certainly one of them. This restaurant is special to me for many reasons but last night it was all about the sandwich. The bartender, Carlos, suggested that I try the imperial crab sandwich. Our conversation went a little something like this:

"What's on it?"
"Jumbo lump crab meat..."
"Uh-huh"
"...mayonnaise"
"I like mayonnaise"
"...cheese"
"Now we are talking"
"...on texas toast"
"SOLD!!!"

The name "imperial crab sandwich" does this thing no justice. I told the manager, Steve, to rename it as melt, which would imply cheese, which we all know that cheese is good. By now, you are picturing this crab meat mixed with mayo and celery, lemon juice and stone mustard stuffed in a toasted texas toast bun with melted cheese. You want it, don't you? Told you it was cravable.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Missy said...

AND,the restaurant is named after you!!