Thursday, September 6, 2007

A food blog you should check out

It's called "The French Laundry at Home," and it is freaking hysterical. The author, Carol, is determined to make everything in Thomas Keller's French Laundry cookbook, with just ridiculous consequences. Clearly, these are way technical fine dining dishes that really shouldn't ever be attempted at home, and the fact that they even released a cookbook is clearly just so they can mock all of us. The entries about her hatred of Oysters and her traumatic soft-shell crab experiences made me laugh out loud at my desk. She's great. I think of her as the voice inside my head, if I could write it out as well.

http://www.carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/


An excerpt:

Hi there. Can you hang on a sec? Thanks. I'll be right back.........

::::: takes a long sip from her glass of wine :::::

Whew. Much better.

It was either a glass of wine or a trip to the mental ward. Why, you ask? Because I just cut the faces off half a dozen soft-shell crabs. Cut their faces off. With scissors. WHILE THEY WERE STILL ALIVE. Do you want to know what happens when you cut their faces off? Do you? DO YOU!!?! Well, read on then. 'Cause I'll tell you. It's not pretty folks. Not at all.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Thanks Missy! Great tip!